Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm back

It's been several months since my last blog post. I'm not sure what caused me to stop. However, it's likely I just ran out of time, or stopped making time. I continue to have that problem--with time. There isn't enough of it. Or maybe I'm not spending it efficiently enough to feel satisfied with the expenditures of my days, weeks, months...

Anyhow, I'm back because I miss writing. I miss reflecting upon my days. Not that reflection doesn't occur when I don't write, but my thoughts tend to get compartmentalized in my head, until there are too many to keep track of and inevitably they get lost. This is a place for their safe keeping.

So, what's been happening lately? Well, no studio this semester! That means a lot more time on my hands...or so I thought that's what it would mean. I've discovered that I tend to overindulge in responsibilities! So that as the amount of my free time increases so does my capacity to fill it up with roles, tasks...WORK! It's really beyond me why I do this. I like to think it's a form of being ambitious.

Even the fact that I'm writing this blog is case in point. It's another activity to fill up my time!

I suppose there will always be SOMETHING to fill up time in our lives. What matters is that we are HAPPY with the way that time is SPENT.

No comments:

Post a Comment