Sunday, October 30, 2011

ART: Where passion and devotion take place

These are pictures I took over the summer when my brother and I decided to take an adventure. Our travels led us to the Riverside Art Museum. We ventured in and out of their galleries, inspecting the works mounted on the walls and sitting on the floor. It was all very ordinary. 

What impressed us more was where we headed next: A local Mexican food restaurant. The food was good, but even better was the owners hobby: Art. I didn't get a chance to speak to the artist, but If I had, I would ask him what his influences are. Although, it seems obvious to me that he has a knack for turning trash in to treasure, from his structures made of glass bottles to his statues made of old worn out toys.

Works like these are proof, to me at least, that art cannot be contained within an institution, but rather that art is everywhere there is passion and devotion to creating objects, places, culture that represent our surroundings through a unique lens. 










No comments:

Post a Comment